Wednesday, July 07, 2010

lost by a pedal stroke

So, the track national championship pursuit is behind us and we lost by 4/10 of a second which equates to about one pedal stroke...  A bit of a crushing defeat for us, but I guess that we should be happy that it is way above the national standard for selection to worlds (we did around a 4:43 and the standard was 4:48).

 

Neither Brian or I had great preparation leading up to nationals so I am certain that we will be faster at worlds.  Since we are already 5 seconds faster than last year (although the conditions were faster today due to the high heat and humidity) I think that we are going to have a great race and hit the podium again.

 

We both found it a little odd that the national team coach didn’t say so much as a word to us after coming within 4/10 of a second of the national title, but it is par for the course.  I thought that we were starting to gain some ground and that the East vs. West thing was behind us... I guess that I was wrong.

No comments: