Tuesday, February 16, 2010

new accommodations and a great ride...

No pictures today as I don't have internet access at the new place I am staying at (I am actually borrowing someone's computer to make this post).  I finally bit the bullet and paid for a place in Tucson that is pretty close to the hotel where the CCA is staying to avoid the 50 min commute each way from Green Valley.  The chateau McD was awesome while I was riding on my own (why didn't I come down here sooner!) but all of my stretching, recovery, and other things that I should have been doing were suffering due to the commute.

Yesterday I missed the group ride since I was moving my stuff over to the new place, but I did a pretty solid 3.5 hour ride up Mt Lemmon.  It is a pretty famous climb among cyclists in North America as it is close to Tucson and it is a pretty steady climb for 25 miles!

Today was a pretty solid ride as well as we clocked just over 5 hours and something like 145km.  Between the two rides I burned 6500 calories :)  I am hoping that this training camp is going to help me in my efforts to lose some weight and get a little more competitive in the 2010 season.

No comments: