Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cost savings vs. Hassle...

So, while we were in Cuba for the training camp, I thought that going down there to an al inclusive resort was a brilliant idea to save money and get some good training in.  The food at our hotel was terrible (helped me loose a few lbs :p) but the weather was great almost every day and it worked out to be a lot cheaper than staying in the southern US as we have done in the past.

After chatting with Brian and reflecting on the health issues that I have had in the last couple of weeks following the camp... I think that the monetary cost savings are outweighed by the loss of training that both of us have suffered due to some sort of bug that we both picked up down there (presumably from the food).  Training in Tuscon and Florida were both a few hundred dollars more, but in both cases we were ready to resume training after a few days of rest at home... Perhaps a higher class resort may not have had the same issues, but I am a little reluctant to gamble with another few weeks of my health and corresponding training time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments: