Saturday, April 17, 2010

I iz pack filler...

So, I finished 74 (I think) of 107 in the first road race of the Tour of Walla Walla yesterday.  I didn't have high hopes going into the race as I have been sick since I got back from Cuba and wasn't really able to do any intensity for the last couple of weeks... But still... Bottom half! Ouch!  I can't remember the last time that I finished bottom half in a race.  A bit of a hit to the ego, but I hope to redeem myself a little in the ITT this morning (starting in 2.5 hours from now).  I also made a bit of a bone head move early in the race.  There is a tactic that PO Boily told me about where you shoot off of the front of the pack early in the race and then get caught relatively quickly so that nobody will chase you if you do the same thing later in the race... Well, it backfired bad when another guy came up and joined me and we ended up riding by ourselves for about 30km :P  As coach EvDE likes to say... you only have one pack of matches per race and if you burn them all early in the race then you won't be there at the finish.  I burned too many matches in the wind :P

No comments: