Monday, September 18, 2006

Home time...

Well, considering that I wasn’t sure that I even wanted to start the race, 8th isn’t bad. PO and Steph came out of nowhere at the final stretch and pulled off a second place for Canada. Part of me was a little disappointed that we didn’t beat them in all of the events, but it was good to see Canadians on the podium. Also, I have to say that they made the exact move that I told myself that I was going to do on the first lap, but I played it safe. I have led out the pack sprint one too many times and didn’t want to get burned again. Fortune favors the bold.

I still feel like I want to curl up in a hole and die, but I think that I am going to kill off some of the evil flowing in my system with some cheap Aigle wine :)

Everyone is taking off to head back up the mountain for the last time so I need to sign off. But first, I have to say that I think that being a few pounds lighter and having more experience together riding, Brian and I will be a force to be reckoned with next year and then the next in Beijing. He is truly an amazing athlete keeping up with a lot of guys my age when he is the same age as my father! 10 Ironmans, 3 paralympic games… next year will be good.

No comments: