Monday, September 18, 2006

Home time

Well, considering that I wasn’t sure that I even wanted to start the race, 8th isn’t bad. PO and Steph came out of nowhere at the final stretch and pulled off a second place for Canada. Part of me was a little disappointed that we didn’t beat them in all of the events, but it was good to see Canadians on the podium. Also, I have to say that they made the exact move that I told myself that I was going to do on the first lap, but I played it safe. I have led out the pack sprint one too many times and didn’t want to get burned again. Fortune favors the bold.

I still feel like I want to curl up in a hole and die, but I think that I am going to kill off some of the evil flowing in my system with some cheap Aigle wine :)

Everyone is taking off to head back up the mountain for the last time so I need to sign off. But first, I have to say that I think that being a few pounds lighter and having more experience together riding, Brian and I will be a force to be reckoned with next year and then the next in Beijing. He is truly an amazing athlete keeping up with a lot of guys my age when he is the same age as my father! 10 Ironmans, 3 paralympic games… next year will be good.

4 comments:

MB said...

Hey Devon. The Aigle trip sounds like you're having a great time. It also looks like racing is frustrating you a bit too. If it's any consolation, you look smashing in the National team gear! LOL

I got sick the week before Nationals as well and was stressed and pissed off about it up until the race days. The event and the holidays after it were well worth the trip and even though. I can sympathize with you. I know that you and Brian will be the force to be reckoned with next year!

The Experience said...

Good jorb Devon. You'll kick some ass next year. Until then, enjoy your holiday and then back to training!

Anonymous said...

you too have joined the blogger crew?
get a good shag in while you're at it.

MB said...

Devon: if you're interested. My home computer is currently a very expensive paperweight and this is the only other way to get a hold of you......

Synergy Team Meeting
7 pm, Wednesday, February 13, 2008
IBM Canada Building, 227-11th Ave. SW - Rocky Mountain 'A' Room. Doors are on the northeast corner of the building. Since the meeting is afterhours, someone (most likely Reid) will be at the front door to let you in.

This will be an organizational meeting for all returning, new and potential members of the team for the 2008 race season. It will be an opportunity to review membership obligations and pay membership fees for the 2008 season. We will also review goal-setting exercises, meet the members in the same categories, and go over some of the fun initiatives we are planning for the season.

There will be an agenda posted here as soon as it is available.

PLEASE NOTE: Forms available on-line here will be updated before the meeting. They are currently in review and editing.

Mark your calendars!