Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So, today was a rollercoaster of emotions. Before the race, I almost felt physically ill while waiting for the race to come (we were up at 630 when some wankers from Columbia were yapping in the hallways) for over 10 hours! Once we were on the start line, I was feeling pretty good. Then during the race I felt like we lost the race in the first lap. I felt like the start was really bad because we were a little slow to get going and then once we got into the race I was convinced that we were going to be bottom half. My legs felt like they were rubber in the second lap, I wasn’t holding the bike down on the black line, and I felt a piano drop behind me in the 4th lap. Then, I was elated to find out that we beat the other Canadian team by 4/10ths of a second and were sitting in 6th place!

Gotta run, but to make a long story short, the last Canadian team crashed and then didn’t beat us in their last run. We finished 7th in the event that we think is our weakest event.

Boo yeah, can’t wait for the pursuit tomorrow!

No comments: